IF YOU'VE GOT IT - FLAUNT IT...!
Leveraging the income on your web sit is a constant job – getting people to visit and then act on the calls to action means a better return on your original investment and can turn a cost center into a profit center.
Your time is also expensive – if you’ve been following our other newsletters then you know how hot we are for using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Blogs.
Do you let lots of people know that you are blogging or on Facebook or that you are tweeting…?
We’ve just seen the “tree-ware” version of the yellow Pages released in Gisborne – and I’m afraid to say there are a couple of local businesses that haven’t added their web site address.
This is a real fail as a web site can tell a potential customer so much more than a small block ad in print – you should have your web site displayed on every printed advert that you create.
I know of several people who are starting to use Facebook, Twitter and Blogs – and they don’t have a link from their web site…!
Again this is a fail as many users of social media would love to also find you on their platform of choice – but if they arrive at your web site first – how would they know you were active on the social media tools…?
Having more traffic to your online efforts allows you to better engage with your visitors or get more click-throughs to your web sites call to action or setting yourself as a thought leader in your field.
If you have a “front-of-house” or office or retail space where customers come and visit make sure you have a sign on the wall that lets people know that you are using Facebook and to encourage them to friend you.
(We’ll soon have some of these available to purchase – so stay tuned…!)
And of don’t forget all these other places to ensure you have your web address: -
- Business cards
- Thank you cards
- Business forms (especially your “thank you” test on your invoices)
- Fax cover sheets
- Radio ads
- Print ads
- Yellow Pages
- Press releases
- As part of classified ads you place
- During any type of free media exposure
- Community sponsorships
- Local business directories
- Word of mouth – To prospects and customers
- Sales literature – especially “Special Reports”
- Displays at your Chamber of Commerce or local group and association locations
- Displays at other businesses
- Cork boards at your grocery store, coffee shop, library, gym, etc…
- On promotional items (hats, t-shirts, magnets, pens, etc…)
- Your store window
- After-hours voice mail
- Event and conference signage
- Permanent outdoor signage
- On company vehicles
- On out-of-office company equipment
- On Company Uniforms
- Car door magnet
- Window Stickers or bumper stickers
- In Local Guest books
- Your number plate
Posted: Wed 01 Jan 2020